Tuesday, January 15, 2008

#45 (a) Going with the flow (chart)

Given how excited I was about flowcharting Gliffy was a bit of a disappointment.

When I first signed up I found it very unresponsive to my typing. For example typing in a login name - press t wait for letter to appear on the screen, press next letter, wait for it to appear on screen and so on.

Now I'm no touch typist but I found it unbelievably slow, and therefore frustrating.

I had the same problem when I finally got to create my flow chart. Perhaps It's my computer but I haven't had the problem with any other site. Gliffy looks like it should be easy to use.

In flowchart mode there is a range of shapes that you click and drag into position.

Likewise in floorplan mode there is a range of popular shapes (door, stairs, wall, window etc) that you drag into position.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello and thanks for the review and comments about Gliffy. We certainly appreciate the compliments -- but would really like to get down to the typing problem you experienced (most likely us). If you could tell us your OS and Browser that would get us started in the diagnosis, thanks~
debik at gliffy dot com