Tuesday, January 1, 2008

#31 Get organised with Plaxo (now pulse)

I love organising tools but have yet to find the perfect online one. I've toyed with google calendar, yahoo calendar, remember the milk and tada lists - they all have their good points but none is exactly what I want.

Back in April 2007, Plaxo was mainly an online address book/calendar type setup; you could import contacts from a range of email programs (outlook, yahoo, gmail etc.), now it seems to almost more of a social networking tool.

Like linkedin and facebook you can invite people to become contacts (friends) and you can get plaxo to cross reference your existing email address book with the list of plaxo members.

Plaxo has tabs across the top for calendar, tasks, notes, address book which could be useful. I've set up some recurring tasks, and put in my desk shifts and some meetings and set notifications, so I'll see how it goes. (It is currently counting down to my desk shift tomorrow)

Ideally I would have all this stuff set up in LotusNotes but as that is work access only I need something that I can access from home and from work so may be Plaxo is the answer.

No comments: