Saturday, January 5, 2008

#35 Twitter (I taut I taw a puddy tat)

Twitter - think miniblog (140 words).
I tried to enlist in jaiku but it is in the throes of joining the google empire so I must wait for an invitation (when an account becomes available).
I'm not really sure what I would use twitter for - it seems like an online version of sms (although you can access it on your mobile phone as well). Between my 'normal' blogs and sms on my phone.
I must say I love how mashable describes the evolution of blogging (and the need for twitter)

"To some, it really feels like Twitter has stumbled upon a new blogging paradigm - short, to-the-point messages that let your friends, family and the world know exactly where you are and what you’re doing, every second of the day.
But others are asking: what’s the point? Those people just don’t get it. Clearly, Twitter is an amazing new way to blog about your cat."
I'm guessing I'm one of the 'what's the point' people.

No comments: