Sunday, October 7, 2007

#8 & #9 Bloglines/RSS feeds (Shuffle off to Buffalo)

No connection really but I saw 42nd Street last night.

Anthony Koutoufides played Gangster No. 1 - he had 3 lines (and 2 minutes of stage time) which is apparently enough to get him a higher program listing than Pia Morley who is on stage for a lot of the show and has several songs as well.

Who knew Kouta would be such a musical drawcard!

In learning 2.0 related posting mode I have set up my bloglines account (see link on left hand menu - headed Bloglines!)

Of all the tasks so far - this is the one that I could play happily with for the rest of the program - amazing number of blogs and feeds available on subjects I am interested in, subjects I'm not interested in, subjects I didn't know I was interested in, and bizarre mis-spellings.

Type in a word, search for feeds, and almost immediately a whole new world opens up. Personal blogs, professional organisations, links to podcasts - you name it , it's there.

I actually enjoy looking at the blog titles that people come up with - there is the simply descriptive (Barb B's learning 2.0 blog) and the catchy (Hey there's a dead guy in the living room).

By clicking on the links in my bloglines list I can choose how far back I want to check for new posts (hour, day, week, whatever) which allows, I guess, for 'binge bloglining' (sounds almost illegal doesn't it?)

Could be spending a lot of time here methinks....

No comments: