Saturday, December 29, 2007

#27 Photobucket

I started a photobucket account last year because I was told that it was a far more effective (and cheaper) way to upload photos to ebay. (it is)


I used it for a while and then promptly forgot about it.

Revisiting it today I thought I'd set up a new account for the purpose of this thing but that probably I'd continue to use flickr for my online photo needs. Now I'm not so sure.

Playing with photobucket again today I really liked the ease of photo handling and the range of visual media that can be accessed and stored.

However I found the ads very intrusive. I accept that the trade off for free access is ads - I just found the ones on photobucket to be very annoying and far more in-your-face than flickr.

Is it enough to stop me converting to Photobucket? Maybe.

Stay tuned as photobucket and flickr go head to head for the chance to host my photos.

No comments: